Saturday 27 February 2010

This post is a response to Shawnee's comment from my last post.
I AM very lucky to live where I do and really do appreciate it, but you know what they say about familiarity breeding contempt, when you do the same walks all the time you become just that little bit blase about it all, and don't really appreciate it the way you should.
Having lost my car last year I am quite jealous of your walks Shawnee, all those magnificent wild places you get to,WOW.
I really miss some of the walks we used to do on my way to and from work as a milk recorder, travelling around to different farms within a 30 mile radius.

Places like these pictured below.


Brynberian burial chamber
Sunset at Rosebush


Bedd Arthur on the Pressellies


Pengelli woods



Newport and Carn Ingli.

But having lost my car I am really glad that I do live in such a lovely place with so many good accessible dog walks. Having to walk everywhere has made me explore local footpaths and find places quite nearby that I never knew existed before, and we really do appreciate the times we get a bus, or a friend takes us somewhere a bit different,
Another thing I have just recently come to appreciate is how safe we are when we go walking here. I thought your lovely red coat, Shawnee, was just a cool fashion accessory your mum liked, I didn't realise until your last post that it was to stop someone shooting you! And in another blog I was reading about how to spring a trap if your dog gets caught in one. These are things we just don't think about here.

2 comments:

JD and Max said...

Hiya Finn - we'd miss the car too if we lost it as our local beach gets closed to dogs during the summer so we do need a car to jaunt to our local nature reserve where we're allowed all year round. Your photos are breathtaking - we really have to visit! Schnauzer snuggles - JD and Max.

Backcountry Brodie said...

I is so honored that you like where I live so much and I rilly like where you live lots and lots! They also say "The grass is always greener on the udder side of the fence." But we is lucky that we has bloggies so we can share our speshul places with each udder!