Tuesday 23 October 2012

Our Last Outdoor Show of the Year

We were at Monmouth again on Sunday. She Who Thinks She Must Be Obeyed was getting a bit spooked about pitching the tent in a waterlogged field but Beryl phoned on Thursday and said we wouldn't be camping so we had a very early start Sunday morning (5.30. It was really dark but the sky was full of stars).
I was very excited about seeing all my friends again, it's been about 2 months since the last show we went to. We've been doing lots of obedience (boring) training and self control exercises like having to lie still while the dust sucker is making noises but it seems to be paying off because I actually managed a 2 second wait on the start line! Now you might not think this is very impressive, but if you knew how exciting it is waiting to get at those jumps you might change your minds. And even more impressive I actually managed to wait (almost) quietly in the queue while everyone else went before me..(GRRRR)

Sooty playing tug of war with Sam


A couple of shots across the showground. 


Sooty being naughty in the ring....

And being carried off in disgrace.
I can see some of my friends on the exercise area


Let's go and see them.

Hello Ellie let's play.
Here are some of the seeneries on the way home




Look at that big mountain. 


We got home just as the sun was setting,

It a long day







1 comment:

Anna the GSD said...

Wow, what a day!! And a pretty one! I'd probably still be sleeping after all that fun! :)