Tuesday 3 July 2012

A Wet Weekend at Worcester

We were off to another show this weekend, this time we went to Top Barn Farm near Worcester. We thought we were barking mad to go as the weather was horrendous on Friday with dog knows how many flood warnings in place and the rain pelting down cats and dogs most of the way with more forecast for Saturday and Sunday.
Somehow we arrived without getting washed away!
 This is our campsite. The rain bucketed down while we were setting up camp, but as soon as the tent was up it stopped and there was a (tiny) patch of blue sky!
 There were showers on and off on Saturday, but at least it was dry when we got up in the morning. I had 3 runs on Saturday and another 3 on Sunday. Here I am in the second one on Sunday. It wasn't the best one though.
The best one was the very last one I did when I managed to knock She Who Thinks She Must Be Obeyed over.....tee hee.
When we had finished our runs for the day we went for a walk along the Severn Way.

We passed this lake,
What does that sign say?
Quick sand! What are you taking me this way for? Lets go back.
There's deep water under this bridge, this be a dangerous place.
Why you tasking me down this overgrowed path?
More dangerous deep waters.
Look the path is flooded, all those quicksands does be escaping, we must go back now.
When we got back to the campsite Beryl wasn't there! Had those nasty quick sands got her while we wuz away? Would I have to pull the caravan back all that long way home by myself? I wuz very worried.
Beryl still wuzn't back after we had had our dinner, we went for another walk, this time to the little village of Holt. It wuz a very pretty little village, but I wuz too worried about Beryl to enjoy the walk and just wanted to go and find her.


She came back just after us, she had been to visit a friend who lived nearby. I couldn't settle all night in case she went away and left us again.
On the way home we stopped at Llandovery and Beryl and She Who Thinks She Must Be Obeyed ate fish and chips by the castle.( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Llandovery_Castle)



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really enjoy viewing the green pasture on that place :D


Puppy Bond | Paw Planet