Monday 5 August 2013

Brecon show

.Beryl picked us up on Friday night at 7 and we went to stay at her place so we could set out really early on Saturday morning. I had a practice on her agility equipment before we went inside. I had a run with Sooty and Tansy as well but Sooty kept getting in my way on the jumps.
We set off at 6 in the morning. I was allowed to sit on the back seat with my seat belt on-yes I have a special harness which fastens to the seat belt in the car. She Who Thinks She Must Be Obeyed thinks I'm too big for the cage in the back of Beryl s car, I do have to hunker down a bit and curl my body round to shut the door but when we are at the show and I have to look after the car I like to sit in the cage with my head sticking out.
Anyway we arrived at the show ground in good time. It was only a one day show so there was no tent to put up just the silver sheet to put over the car to stop it getting too hot inside. It was a good job we did because although we had a couple of showers it was very hot in between.The ability was part of the County show so we only had a tiny corner of the show ground and there was only 1 ring! We were entered in 3 classes but things took so long that we only stayed for 2 of them. The first was circular jumping but it was quite a confusing course and She Who Thinks She Must Be Obeyed got a bit lost. The other one was agility and I had 3 poles down and missed 1 contact. Beryl said I was quite good but She Who Thinks She Must Be Obeyed wasn't pleased with it because she didn't think I was concentrating properly and it didn't flow nicely but I enjoyed myself.
We had a quick look round the rest of the show. There was a falconry display in the ring next to us and a gun dog display and a lesson in fishing. We could just see the horses from were we were and there were some beautifully turned out carriages.
On the way home we stopped at Halfway for a walk in the forest and a drink. We got back at about 7.

No comments: