Monday 8 August 2011

A Tale Of Three Shows.

Quite a lot has been happening since She Who Thinks She Must Be Obeyed has bothered to write anything on my blog, so I thought I'd better do it for her!
First of all we had a Wet Weekend at Wirral a few weeks ago. Here I am outside our tent before it started raining. It rained most of the time, in between the rain we had showers, almost the only time it was dry was when we got up in the morning. She Who Thinks She Must be Obeyed had to help on the rings on Saturday morning and was away most of the morning, so I was ABANDONED in the rain, but I didn't mind too much as I was looking after our camp.



The show was held in Eastham Country Park and we had lots of lovely walks through the woods and down to the river Mersey, (which I wasn't allowed to go in!)

In the woods there were lots of carvings, here I am sitting on a seat carved with rabbits. When we came back from one of our walks there was a group of teenagers having a party round the seat so I jumped over the wall to join them, boy were they surprised!


This is a HUMUNGOUS Beech tree, which fell over. Sorry about the picture quality, but you just can't get the staff these days.


Here I am with a carving of a flower in the Beech Grove.


And here I am in the fountain, I thought there was meant to be water in it but someone let it all out!


And here I am after a hard day knocking jumps down....... Yes you've guessed, I still haven't got a clear round but I've had a lotta fun!


After we got home I was a bit poorly and was sick and had dire rears. I didn't want to eat anything, not even the cat's food and I had to go to the vet lady. She stuck 2 needles in me, and gave me stuff to have squirted into my mouth twice a day for the rest of the week and took all the monies She Who Thinks She Must be obeyed had saved up for a new saddle for Sara (hee hee).
It was Friday lunchtime before I felt better and we decided I was well enough to go to Caerphilly show that weekend. Our club was running one of the rings so She Who Thinks She Must Be Obeyed had to help again, but we were more organised so I wasn't left for very long this time. It was only one day, so we didn't bother with the tent and were back home Saturday night, once again there was no clear round, those silly poles will keep falling down!

Last weekend was the STAAG show at St. Asaph. I had 4 runs each day and guess what, I went clear in the grade 1 jumping on Saturday! Not only that I was 4th! Here I am with my rosette, it matches my bandanna. She Who Thinks She Must Be Obeyed was so proud of me, she bought me a beefburger all to myself. I was only 3 seconds slower than the winner and I've got a new nickname - The Collie In GSD Clothing!



When we had finished for the day we went for a walk along the river Elwy, here I am with my friends.


I tried to give Tansy and Sooty swimming lessons.


And climbing lessons.


This is a picture of hopw the bridge used to look, and some writings about it.



And here it is today.


This was the view from our tent on Sunday morning.


And this is the rainbow we saw just before it rained.


It didn't rain as much as at Wirral though and She Who Thinks She Must Be Obeyed managed to take the tent down before it got wet.

2 comments:

ForPetsSake said...

You've been busy! Congrats on your rosette and hopefully you won't be left alone to watch the tent again ;)

Shane Kent Louis said...

Woof! Woof! what a nice place, very relaxing...Hey Fin, I love your photos, its really nice! thanks for sharing! :)


-------------------------------------
Dog Fence | It's All About Pet Fences