Wednesday, 6 May 2009

Finn's first bus ride

Sorry I haven't written anything for a while, it's not that Finn hasn't had any adventures lately, it's just that without a car they have all been the same adventure!
I'm quite enjoying walking everywhere, you get to talk to people more and appreciate your surroundings more. Before I'd just jump in the car and we'd go off somewhere safe that I already knew for a walk but now finding our local footpaths that I never bothered with before, but Finn is missing his old walks so yesterday we WENT ON A BUS to Patch.
It was the first time he's been on a bus, it's a bit of a risky business as it's entirely left to the drivers discretion as to whether a dog is allowed on or not so I didn't want to go further than I could walk back! The usual bus goes along the main road to Cardigan, but on a Tuesday and Thursday there is a small one which goes the back way via Patch. It comes about 5 minutes before the regular one. The driver took one look at Finn (who was sitting quietly at heel) and said 'The bigger one will be along in a minute', but he let us on and Finn made friends with the little old lady on the seat next to us. There were afew anxious moment towards the end of the journey when I hoped he wouldn't be sick! ( It was a very bumpy bus) Thankfully he wasn't.
He was really pleased to be at his favorite beach again and jumped straight in the river for a swim.

'Hurry up Mum'

Ther was a big cave........

With monsters in!
We spent an hour on the beach, then started the 7 mile walk home. I didn't want to upset anyone by taking a wet, sandy dog on the bus and maybe spoiling our chances of being allowed on again.
About halfway home we met a herd of bullocks coming up the road towards us, apparently they had broken out of their field, so Finn felt very important when he helped put them back.

It took about 21/2 hours to get home and Finn slept all evening!
Hope you're feeling better Max.


JD and Max said...

Hi Finn! Wow - what a long walk! 2 hours is our maximum at the moment, so 2 and a half hours AFTER romping on a beach and swimming is very impressive, no wonder you slept all evening! Love the photos of you in the water. We live right by the coast but a 5 month ban has just kicked in for dogs during the tourist season - we're really gonna miss it, sigh.... (Hey - thanks for your message to Max - he's feeling fine now, he was just feeling very sorry for himself after being sick a few times!)

We look forward to your next adventure - your mum takes great photos! We'd LOVE to visit our mum's homeland one day, it looks so beautiful. Tail wags - JD and Max.

GSD Adventures said...

Great pics! Looks like FUN!!!

have a great weekend,
Pruett and Daphne